Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Paper Addictions and Sweet Sketch Wednesday



Hello everyone, This is Arlana hosting you this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  I have been busy preparing for a boutique for my Paparazzi Jewelry. It will be for two long hot days outside. Luckily I have this cute tent to help me stay a little cool.  Wish me luck in holding up as I am still recuperating from my surgeries earlier this year.



Our fun sponsor this week is Paper Addictions. What fun digis you will find in Jackie Mathews' store! Hope you bug on over and take a look. 
  



.



Jackie Mathews

A little bit about Jackie!!!

My name is Jacqueline Mathews and I am a crafter and designer. I love paper, pens, doodling, stamping and above all designing. I have a degree in fine arts with an emphasis in graphic design. I worked in the graphic design industry for many years and quit 15 years ago to become a stay at home mom for my 3 kids. Now that the kids are older and don’t need me as much, I am reinventing myself and have decided that I wanted to create my own line of digital stamps. I have dabbled in rubber stamping and became a “Stampin’ up!” demonstrator and had a blast, but thought it would be more fun to create my own stamps. I decided digital was the way to go. It is affordable for the customer and for the designer. I now have a digital stamp shop on Etsy called PaperAddictions. I would love to create my own line of rubber stamps someday, but for now I am testing my designs out in my shop to see if anyone likes them. I am pleasantly surprised that I have gotten a good response to the images I have designed so far. This positive response has motivated me to create more images in the future.

The winner for this week's challenge will be able to choose any 5 items from Paper Addictions Esty Shop.


First of all, the winner of last week's Challenge  is...
Congratulations!

Please email Sally Ann, owner of Digi Stamp Boutique:
to receive your 6 free images.
Subject:  DSB and SSW Winner for July 2013

Please include the names of the six images you would like.
  
And our Top Three...
1. Carla Suto #7
2.  Kozmik #32
3. Lynne #11

Congratulations ladies!!  Be sure to grab both your Winner's Badge, and your Top Three Badge from the sidebar to display on your blog!

On to our Challenge...  This week sketch is an oldie from Arlana

                                                                           







 












Arlana



I hope you will join us this week!!  I look forward to seeing your creations!!


Here are the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge rules for playing along:

1.       Create a card using the sketch of the week.  If you have Paper Addictions images, we’d 

love to see what you can do with them.  However, you may use any stamp or element you have 

to create your card.

2.      If you are posting to an online gallery, please use Sweet Sketch Wednesday #216 as your 

label 

or tag.

3.      Add the sketch of the week to your blog and include a link back to Sweet Sketch 

Wednesday.

4.     Post your card on your blog along with the link to SSW.

5.     Sign in to InLinkz and add a direct link back to your card on your site.

6.    Be sure to leave a comment here on this site and please remember that this is one of the 

rules to 

be considered for the Grand Prize.


Photobucket

Have a  SWEET Day!!!

25 comments:

  1. Congratulations Janette and the top 3. I can't wait to see what you all create this week. Good Luck everyone.

    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners. Great samples it is always wonderful to see the inspiration from the talented DT. Good luck Arlana with the jewelry sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Arlana, hope the weather is not too hot at your show. It looks fun.
    Congrats to our winner and top 3. Lovely looking cards ladies, going to get a closer look soon.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Janette and our Top 3. I just love the fun images from Paper Addictions and the fabulous creations from our DT. Thanks Jackie, for sponsoring us this week! Arlana, thanks for the great post. Love your pink tent! Wish I were there visiting you! Anxious to see everyone's creations this week!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the winner en the top 3 ladies....
    Great DT cards... as usual and a lovely sketch to play with!!
    xxAngela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arlana, I wish I was there with you too. We really need a sister visit. Thanks Jackie for sponsoring us this week. I really loved working with the image I had. Arlana thanks for the great post and I can't wait to see how your event is going. I hope you are doing well. Congrats to our winners!!! Have a fun crafty week everyone!!
    Hugs Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great sketch. I had fun with this one. I hope you like my punny card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a fabulous sketch ladies and I love the variety of DT cards :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for a great sketch. I love the DT cards, so pretty and all so different. Very inspiring. Arlana, your jewelry booth is gorgeous. Love the banner along the front.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As usual ladies wonderful Dt makes.. and this is a keeper sketch!! I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for choosing my card for the Top 3 last time! Congrats to the other winners! Adorable creations from the DT! Thanks for another great sketch to work with! I enjoyed playing along again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab sketch one again.

    DT work is outstanding.

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super great sketch and i hope i have managed to do it justice - great DT inspiration work, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi everyone I'm sorry that I'm late commenting but I've been away with my family for a few days before school goes back this coming week. Congratulations to Janette our winner from last week and to our Top 3 cards, great work ladies there were some amazing creations. This week was a blast from the past and I adore this sketch that we are all using. Thank you to Jackie Matthews from Paper Addictions for being our sponsor and I love my cute little image I used. Thanks Arlana for this weeks posting and for reusing our blast from the past sketch. Take care everyone wishing everyone a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sketch and wonderful DT work!
    It was fun to join the challenge, thanks!
    grtz.Colien

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi,

    What a great sketch. Love it. And the cards from the DT team are beautiful aswell.

    So, here is my card. I hope you like it.

    Claudia
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great Sketch! Love the simplicity of it but it allows for a lot of creativity - it can be CAS or it can be embellished too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the designer's cards and this weeks Sketch, Paper Addictions has some REALLY ADORABLE images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous sketch and DT creations! Thanks for the fun challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great DT projects - thanks for the great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh dear - It's Monday already and I am just getting a chance to post a Comment... I am without a computer at home right now, so it's either on my Smart phone, or at my desk on my lunch break which is right now...
    Congrats to our Winner and Top Three. I adored your cards!! Thanks so much to our Sponsor Jackie this week. Loved checking out all the images on her Etsy site and so enjoyed working with her image!! I hope you all had a great weekend and are off to a wonderful week ahead!!
    Blessings to you all!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for the great sketch. Loved using it as always.
    those images are fab too. might have to go and check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for another great sketch. Had fun with butterflies this week! Good luck Arlana with your jewellery stand - hope it is successful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to the winner and the top 3 - do that happy dance!

    Thank you for another challenge - I almost forgot to finish a card - but I made it! I really like following sketches - your sketches are fun! Enjoy your day - and thanks to the DT for inspiration - it really does help to get an idea to follow the sketch! I hope your selling went well for you Arlana. God Bless everyone - and have a happy crafting week! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete